Twelve people injured in incident described by Emmanuel Macron as an attack

Police in France were hunting a suspect following a detonation in a pedestrian street in the heart of Lyon that wounded more than a dozen beings simply two days before the country’s fiercely rivalry European parliament elections.

The president, Emmanuel Macron, called Friday’s blowup, apparently from a parcel jam-pack with shrapnel and placed in the street, an “attack” and transport his interior minister, Christophe Castaner, to Lyon.

Surveillance
A chassis grab from a surveillance video evidencing a male pushing a mountain bike in the vicinity of a believe pack bombard smash in Lyon. Photograph: AFP/ Getty Images

Police questioned an appeal for witness on Twitter as they strove the believe, a male believed to be in his early 30 s on a mountain bicycle caught on security cameras in the area immediately before the explosion.

They posted an image of the man, wearing light-coloured shorts and a longsleeved dark top and described it as “dangerous”.

The country’s justice minister, Nicole Belloubet, told BFM television it was too soon to say whether the blast was a “terrorist act”.

A police source said the package contained” bolts or bars” and had been placed in front of a bakery.

The number of disabled stood at 13 people, with 11 implemented in order to infirmaries. None of the hurts was life-threatening.

Macron said:” It’s not for me to give a fee, but it appears there are no casualties. There have been injuries, so obviously I’m thinking of these injured and their families .”

Denis Broliquier, the mayor of the city’s second arrondissement, said:” An eight-year-old girl was wounded … We’re fairly relieved because apparently there were no serious injuries but, on the other hand, we are certain it was an explosive machine .”

Play Video
0:39

Lyon bombing described by Emmanuel Macron as an ‘attack’ – video

” There was an detonation and I thought it was a car crash ,” said Eva, a 17 -year-old student who was about 15 metres( 50 paws) from the site of the blast.” There were bits of electrical cable near me and batteries and bits of cardboard and plastic. The windows were blown out .”

A terrorism investigation has been opened by the Paris prosecutor’s office, which has jurisdiction over all fright cases in the country.

France has been on high alert following a curve of deadly terror attacks since 2015 that have killed more than 250 people.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here