Twelve people injured in incident described by Emmanuel Macron as an attack

Police in France were hunting a suppose following a detonation in a pedestrian street in the heart of Lyon that wounded more than a dozen people only two days before the country’s intensely rivalry European parliament elections.

The president, Emmanuel Macron, called Friday’s explosion, apparently from a container carried with shrapnel and placed in the street, an “attack” and sent his interior minister, Christophe Castaner, to Lyon.

Surveillance
A frame grab from a surveillance video establishing a soul pushing a mountain bike in the vicinity of a doubt package bomb bomb in Lyon. Photograph: AFP/ Getty Images

Police problem an appeal for witness on Twitter as they searched the suppose, a gentleman believed to be in his early 30 s on a mountain bicycle caught on security cameras in the area immediately before the explosion.

They posted an image of the man, wearing light-coloured shorts and a longsleeved dark top and described him as “dangerous”.

The country’s justice minister, Nicole Belloubet, told BFM television it was too soon to say whether the explosions was a “terrorist act”.

A police source said the package contained” screws or shafts” and had been placed in front of a bakery.

The number of injured stood at 13 people, with 11 taken to hospitals. None of the traumata was life-threatening.

Macron said:” It’s not for me to give a toll, but it sounds there are no fatalities. There have been injuries, so obviously I’m thinking of these injured and their own families .”

Denis Broliquier, the mayor of the city’s second arrondissement, said:” An eight-year-old girl was wounded … We’re reasonably relieved because apparently there were no serious injuries but, on the other hand, we are certain it was an explosive design .”

Play Video
0:39

Lyon bombing be submitted by Emmanuel Macron as an ‘attack’ – video

” There was an explosion and I thought it was a car crash ,” said Eva, a 17 -year-old student who was about 15 metres( 50 hoofs) from the site of the blast.” There were fragments of electrical wire near me and artilleries and fragments of cardboard and plastic. The spaces were blown out .”

A terrorism investigation has been opened by the Paris prosecutor’s office, which has jurisdiction over all horror subjects in the country.

France has been on high alert following a curve of deadly terror attacks since 2015 that have killed more than 250 people.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here